A CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
By John E. Russell
STATEMENT OF FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS
God's family is One because of Jesus' death on Calvary and our fellowship is based on the new birth. However, in order to establish a clear understanding with all, the following theological statements are affirmed:
1. The autographs of the scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and serve as the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
2. There is one true God who has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
4. God created man not only sinless, but positively holy. Man fell by an act of own his free will and incurred physical and spiritual death.
5. It is God's will for everyone to be saved. Man is justified initially and kept justified on the basis of trusting Christ and His finished work on the cross alone. The individual who trusts Christ as Saviour is "born from above" (born again) by the Holy Spirit.
6. There are two practices Christ appointed for the Church, water baptism and holy communion.
7. All believers should be baptized in the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth. Also, the nine spiritual gifts listed in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 should be in operation today.
8. It is God's will for every believer to be like Christ.
9. The Church consists of every born-again believer.
10. A divinely-called ministry has been provided by our Lord to (1) bring glory to God, (2) evangelize the world, and build up Christians and help equip them for the ministry God has for each one.
11. Divine health is God's will for everyone.
12. The Lord Jesus shall complete the salvation of all believers at His Second Coming. He shall later reign one thousand years on the earth.
13. There shall be a final judgment in which the wicked dead shall be raised, judged, and consigned to everlasting separation from God.
In perspective, we stand for UNITY in things essential; LIBERTY in things non-essential; and LOVE in all things.
PREV CHAPTER / JRCM HomePage / Top of Page / NEXT CHAPTER
Copyright © 1994-1995 by John E. Russell,
Internet Version Copyright © 1998 by John E. Russell